This includes various kinds of information:
- Exhaustive individual, anonymous and coded data such as Statistical Bulletins of Births and Deaths, Brussels breast cancer screening programme data
- Individual, anonymous and coded data from regionally representative surveys, including the National Health Survey
- Aggregated data from public or private institutions such as the Cancer Registry, the Federal Public Health Service (Clinical Basic Data Set), the National Institute for Sickness/Invalidity Insurance (INAMI), the Workplace Accident Fund (FAT), the Belgian Institute for Road Safety (IBSR), the Directorate-General for Statistics and Economic Information (DGSIE), etc.
- Data from specific research or studies conducted by external researchers, whether or not in collaboration with the Observatory.
- Data from qualitative research
- Information sourced from expert fieldworkers or associations.